Re: Disable loading ipv6 on wheezy NSLU2

On 15 May 2012, at 21:10, John Winters wrote:

> On 15/05/12 18:46, Alan Snelgrove wrote:
> [snip]
>> I have read that adding ipv6.disable=1 to the kernel
>>  line in the bootloader configuration fixes the problem.
>>
>> But I don't know how to do that on a NSLU2 or anywhere else.
>>
>> Can someone please point me in the right direction.
>
> Have you tried upgrading to the latest squeeze kernel and not flashing it?  That's reported to work if you want to disable ipv6.

You mean downgrading from wheezy 3.2.0-2-ixp4xx to squeeze (backports) linux-image-2.6.39-bpo.2-ixp4xx
I encountered problems in flash-kernel (return code 1) when called from update-initramfs -u during the upgrade.
I ended up copying the /dev/mtdblocks and using upslug2 to re-flash.

My last resort is a downgrade.