Re: Sending a simple mail from debian slug

On 15/12/12 15:38, Rainer H. Rauschenberg wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012, Tobias Wagner wrote:

So I followed the hint from John Winters and did "dpkg-reconfigure

It would be really helpful if you could tell exactly how you
configured exim.

After finishing I got an errormessage like "paniclog not empty - mail system
may be broken".

Would be helpful to see whats in /var/log/exim4/paniclog .

Agreed. Shut down the slug, remove the USB drive, mount it on another machine and show us:

It also wouldn't hurt to check:

for mentions of sshd.  It should be seen to start up when you boot the slug.

I have a horrible feeling though, that you have only a Windows machine on which to work (from your mention of PuTTY). This makes your life more difficult. I don't think you'll be able to read the USB stick from Windows. Do you have access to any other Linux boxes on which you could read the drive?