Re: Installing Debian on Qnap TS-219 PII

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 12:38 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > It would certainly be interesting but - at least for me - not very
> > useful to have two of these beasts running around. Qnap probably
> also
> > had their reasons for disabling it in their firmware.
>
> >From my POV (as qcontrol maintainer) I think a patch to turn off the
> watchdog would be acceptable for Wheezy but a patch to implement full
> watchdog support would be stretching the principal of a freeze a bit
> too much.

BTW, the ideal answer to driving the watchdog would be an in-kernel
watchdog driver providing /dev/watchdog which could be managed with the
usual watchdogd process.

I don't know how this will interact with qcontrol's use of the pic
though. Probably badly :-/

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

You can get everything in life you want, if you will help enough other
people get what they want.