Re: Seagate GoFlex Satellite

Well, I received my GoFlex Satellite and this device was made for hacking.
Telnetted right in as root/goflex, it has a nice environment - actually the
open Arago Project distro http://arago-project.org/ as advertised right on
the /etc/issue.

It was almost trivial to set up an Arch (sorry debian) chroot environment.

I plan to disassemble it and try out that possible serial header soon - I
bought a 3.3V/RS232 level converter.

128MB RAM, /proc/cpuinfo is:

Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 298.32
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 2

Hardware : OMAP3 EVM
Revision : 0020
Serial : 0000000000000000

My complete notes follow - note that this is only a first pass, I'm sure
I'll be refining them in the coming days.

----

GoFlex Satellite Arch chroot - 8/24/2012

----

Power on, associate with wifi, go to any web page, click "connect to
internet",
configure for local wifi.

telnet goflexsatellite
user: root
pw: goflex

Followed TouchPad Arch chroot instructions adapted from:
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1361

cd /media/sda1
mkdir arch
dd if=/dev/zero of=alarm.img seek=749999999 bs=1 count=1 #750MB image file
mke2fs -F alarm.img
losetup /dev/loop1 alarm.img
mount -t ext2 /dev/loop1 arch/
cd arch

# Note: I used the Touchpad chroot image - lucky first pick - probably too
old
wget http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/os/to ... oot.tar.gz

tar xzf ArchLinuxARM-*.tar.gz
mount -o bind /dev/ /media/sda1/arch/dev
chroot . /bin/bash
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf
mount -t proc proc /proc
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
pacman -Syu # upgrades...

braddock