Re: QNAP TS-219P SATA link down linux-3.5.2 (Debian Sqeeze)

Hi Manuel,

> found a problem with latest (3.5.2) stable kernel on TS219P when
starting the kernel both SATA ports are shown as
> link down and debian-root-filesystem can not be found! Works with stock
QNAP-kernel/Debian-Kernel and works fine with own build linux-3.4.4 but
not with linux-3.5.2.

Is the SATA driver build as a module? I thought this would only affect
devicetree based devices, but it sounds too familiar to be a coincidence.
Does

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-July/108202.html

help? (alternatively, you could try to compile the SATA driver into the
kernel, not as a module)

- Simon