Re: pb with sheeva plug and usb/sd memory cards

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 15:55 +0200, Laurent Lesage wrote:
> I'm using sheeva plugs as asterisk servers wit debian armel ports. I've
> used the instructions on MArtin's site
> (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/) to get the plugs
> run. I used SD cards at the beginning, but I found that USB keys were
> quicker to read/write and used usb keys.
<snip>
> I tried to revert to SD card. I tried a SDHC sony (not a recent one bu a
> new one). I restored the system on it and it worked ... during one or
> 2weeks. After that, the system could not write on the card any more. the
> system was stil running but with lots of write errors. I restored the
> system once more. One day later, same problem. It seems that the SD card
> is not "suited" for that usage.

I've been using a eSata Sheevaplug running Debain for a couple of years
as a router/DNS/NAS/MTA system with the root filesystem on an SD card.
I've never had any problem with this setup. That doesn't help solve you
problems but is an indication that using and SD card isn't fundamentally
flaky.

--
Tixy