Re: RE : Re: uBoot Overlay

Hi again,

Le 23/07/2012 17:02, DrEagle a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It might work.
> It was a stupid question.
> I'll give a try soon.
>
> Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Not so stupid question, because it's tricky to make it works...

> Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> a écrit :
>

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 07:17:07PM +0200, DrEagle wrote:
>> Is there any solution to boot with uImage and uInitrd from an
>> ubifs container, and the whole rootfs in a raid ide ?
>>
>> If you have any tweak about raid booting, it may be helpfull.
>>
>> I'll like to have a good solution to boot debianized sheevaplug or a
>> raid nas with /boot from ubifs in nand and overlay for the whole system
>> in usb ext filesystem or raid ide for / (rootfs).
>>
>> Is there any tweaks to get this solution working without writing a
>> complex script using chroot or pivot_root ?
>
> Does initramfs-tools not do it out of the box?

The problem is the debian installer, I can interrupt, exit to shell and
chroot, but it's still impossible to mount ubifs filesystem !

The wiki about mtd and debian-installer [1] seem incomplete or outdated.

Is there any easy solution to add ubifs to the kirkwood debian-installer ?

[1]http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/MTD