Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On 17/03/12 07:21, Paul Shirren wrote:
On 17/03/12 9:32 AM, Mike Thompson wrote:

Something frustrating is that I can see that Ubuntu kernel was built from the same source tree as the LTIB/BSP sources, but they don't seem to provide the config file for the kernel. I can't tell exactly how they configured the kernel to properly activate all the devices. I don't know of a way to get the kernel configuration from the running Ubuntu system either. Hopefully I can find some hints on the Internet.
Is there a file /boot/config-$(uname -r)

 If they built the kernel the Debian/Ubuntu way it should be there.

I have only just joined the list so I don't know which kernel you are using, but there is another way on later Ubuntu systems....

Presupposing that you have a machine you can actually boot the Ubuntu kernel on.
    zcat /proc/config.gz>  ~/Desktop/kernel.config
should leave the currently running kernel's config in ~/Desktop/kernel.config