Re: still trouble with the NSLU2

Nicola Bernardini wrote:

Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Or is it the hardware  that  is
dying? (Note: the disk is a brand new 2.5 external HDD  without  external
power supply: could this be the problem?)

I've seen segfaults from apt-get on Squeeze running on SPARC, but due to pressure of other commitments haven't had time to follow them up- I reverted to Lenny for the machine I was working on.

Knowing that both SPARC and (the variant of ARM in) the NSLU2 are susceptible to alignment errors, that would be where I'd look.

Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk