Creating a home server from an Android media player

Hi All,

I have being "playing" with arm Linux for years, mostly adding some software to proprietary systems.
Without kernel and toolkit replacement.
Recently I decided to set up a home server and I know about the DreamPlug, but with shipping it will reach ~$200 .
I recently been watching all this Android players on DX, like the this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1080p-android-2-3-media-player-w-wifi-hdmi-sd-cortex-a9-1-0ghz-2gb-109791

Did anyone managed to install Debian on one of these?
I also stumbled on this site and it gave me some hope.
http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Gal