Re: Reports of successful Squeeze upgrades

On 02/24/2011 06:45 PM, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 07:07, Groug<groug@free.fr>  wrote:

I have (or better say had) a nslu2 running lenny. I've dist-upgraded
to squeeze: no errors but the nslu2 won't reboot: during the boot
sequence, the usb hard disk gets shutdowned and nothing more
happens. Fortunately, I could restore the flash with a working lenny
image. For the moment, I have squeeze running on a lenny kernel...
I'd like to investigate. Does anyone has a suggestion ?
I did a full upgrade from lenny to squeeze yesterday and it worked
without a problem. I followed the upgrade procedure recommended in the
release notes [1]. Specifically, I did the minimal system upgrade,
then upgraded udev and the kernel, and then did a full upgrade.

Does your system have a RAID or are you using LVM? Also, did you do
No LVM, no raid.
the conversion from device-based naming to UUID-based naming? Are you
Yes, UUID-based naming in /etc/fstab at least. Is there another file to update ?
sure that you have upgraded both udev and the kernel? According to the
release notes, the squeeze udev will not work properly with the lenny
Ouch... I missed that and now I have lenny kernel and squeeze udev. Could this
prevent update-initramfs to build a bootable image for the squeeze kernel ?
kernel. Do you have a rootdelay parameter set for your lenny kernel
command line? If so, you will need to set that parameter again for the
squeeze image using apex-env.

No rootdelay.
Gordon

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armel/release-notes/

Thanks.

--
-gr0n6-

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.