Re: Reports of successful Squeeze upgrades

On 02/24/2011 09:51 AM, John Winters wrote:
I have a turbo-slug which isn't doing much and is running pretty
vanilla Lenny. I could upgrade that to Squeeze as a test case if it
would help.

Are there any particular parameters which you'd like set first in order
to test them? Is it just the usual

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install linux-image-<mumble>
apt-get install udev
reboot
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

?

Cheers,
John

Hi,

I have (or better say had) a nslu2 running lenny. I've dist-upgraded
to squeeze: no errors but the nslu2 won't reboot: during the boot
sequence, the usb hard disk gets shutdowned and nothing more
happens. Fortunately, I could restore the flash with a working lenny
image. For the moment, I have squeeze running on a lenny kernel...
I'd like to investigate. Does anyone has a suggestion ?

--
-gr0n6-

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.