Re: Reports of successful Squeeze upgrades

Hi Martin

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 13:13, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> I think you should file a bug on initramfs-tools saying that this
> module is missing when you use MODULES=dep.

I was thinking about whether to file a bug today. USB devices are
generally not permanently attached to the computer, so is it
reasonable to expect MODULES=dep to include the drivers specific to
detachable hardware? I came to the conclusion that probably it is the
responsibility of the user to ensure that the initramfs contains the
necessary drivers for the system, and that something to that effect
should be included in the release notes. What do think?

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676