Re: armhf TODO (was Re: Fosdem 2011: Debian on ARM)

On Monday 07 February 2011 19:51:03 Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Konstantinos,
>
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 12:43:09PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> > * Now that squeeze has been released, I plan to increase the severity of
> > all armhf-related bug reports to at least "serious".
>
> Sorry, but that's not an appropriate severity to set for bugs related to
> not-yet-ported software.  These should be set to 'important' instead.  If
> you're concerned about setting the bug severity mainly in order to lower
> the threshold for NMUing, please consult the release team to ask about
> getting this considered a release goal for wheezy.
>
> (Note, however, that historically porters have been given a very free hand
> with shorter-than-usual waiting periods for NMUs.  I think you will find
> your reception among maintainers *better* if you file these bugs at
> important and NMU for them, than if you bump them to serious. :)

Point taken, I will wait a few days, as some bugs have started to get fixed
already and then I'll do as you suggested.

As for getting armhf considered for wheezy, well that can considered a given -
otherwise, why go to all this trouble :)

I haven't sent any email to the release team as I am following the Archive
Criteria [1] rules, some of them are already fulfilled, but some aren't (eg. 3
official porters, or fully working installer). Once all these were fulfilled,
I would send an email, officially asking for inclusion.

Regards

Konstantinos

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-criteria.html