Re: Do I want to debootstrap Debian armhf on my iMX53 board?

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:09:06AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>I have debootstrapped debian armhf unstable onto a sata drive which I
>have mounted under the microsd running ubuntu.  Certainly working on
>the sata is way faster than that crappy little microsd it came with.
>
>I stole linux-libc-dev from the ubuntu install using dpkg-repack, then
>alien to .tgz, then alien to _all.deb and installed.  Then allowed
>installing build-essential.  libtool isn't building, and contrary to
>the changelog of the latest version, armhf still fails a nonpic test
>case even though the changelog says it should be turned off now.
>I should investigate and file an update to the bugreport on that.

Hmm, OK.

The 6 quickstart boards we're planning to use for armhf buildds just
landed at the office this morning. I'll be playing with them on Monday
to get setup going.

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...