Re: [Arm-netbook] Single-Core Cortex A9 1ghz, ECC DDR3 RAM available soon

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[...]
>  for volume units: i've spoken to the factory i'm in touch with, and
> they've put a ballpark figure on a similar board of an astonishing
> $35, only.  hardware only: no case, no PSU.  that's with the AMLogic
> Cortex A9.  they must be supplying bucket-loads of tablets with the
> AMLogic CPU, to get that kind of pricing.

...I have an AMLogic reference board on my desk right now (for my day
job) with one of these. It's only single core, but it's a seriously fast
box. 3D performance via the integrated Mali GPU is excellent. It's
running Android.

(Incidentally, the board has SATA, USB master, USB slave, genuine
serial, SD, mini-HDMI, ethernet, a 3.5mm jack marked YPbPr, audio out,
and an infrared receiver; it also has headers for LCD/touch panel,
Audio/FM, Wifi/GPS/BT, a camera, DTV decoder, and JTAG. It looks like
it's only got 512MB RAM, though. I don't know if they're available for
order or not.)

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup