Re: [Arm-netbook] Single-Core Cortex A9 1ghz, ECC DDR3 RAM available soon

On 17/08/11 15:00, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Marvell is pretty good. Whether that is through Marvell's contribution
> or not I don't know, but in terms of what the end user gets to work
> with, it's seldom matched and hard to beat.

They are definitely better than some, but OTOH, they don't appear to
release any technical documentation at all without going through a
stupid NDA process, and I would summarise my recent dealings Marvell
regarding their AHCI SATA controllers like this:

me> Your hardware doesn't seem to work under these reproducible
circumstances

marvell> You must be doing something wrong

me> Here's a load more evidence

marvell> [silence]

me> Hello?

libata maintainer> Is this broken or what, because it looks broken?
Should we disable this functionality on your controllers?

marvell> [silence]

They also only seem to release errata info very quietly and only under NDA.

WTF?

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.