Re: mtd errors on boot OpenRD "ultimate"

Thanks for the confirmation, Alexander!

Would there be any point in trying to generate a Linux kernel patch to accept both kinds of ECC?

Rick

PS: Can you explain (for us less knowledgeable folks) why they are harmless for mtdblock[01] but not for mtdblock[2]?

Alexander Coulter says:

If I am right it's because u-boot does not support (or uses a different
ECC method) for the NAND to Linux.  When Linux reads blocks from the
NAND the ECC check fails and you get an IO error.

The messages are harmless though for mtdblock0 and mtdblock1, it's only
if they appear on mtdblock2 should you get worried :)