Re: [2nd try] unassigned-hostname on Lanner EM7210 (Thermaltake Muse NAS-RAID N0001LN)

Mello <mellowiz@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> Debian Installer starts just fine and the process (non-expert mode) seems to
> run smoothly until reboot. At that point the system is not rechable any
> longer, no DHCP, and the only way to access it is via the serial cable.
>
> Login works fine (users are present in the system) but other things, i/f
> configuration for instance, is not working.
> Below what I'm being prompted with at login:
> Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 unassigned-hostname ttyS0
>
> unassigned-hostname login: <suppressed text>
> Password:
> Linux unassigned-hostname 2.6.32-5-iop32x #1 Tue Mar 8 01:49:50 UTC 2011
> armv5tel
>
> The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
> the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
> individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
> Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
> permitted by applicable law.
>
> Please find attached the full boot log.
>
> Is this correct or (am I remembering it correctly?) should I have been
> prompted with a post-installation script to finish up the system's
> configuration?
> I've noticed a similar bug exists (#610526) but it's marked as "moreinfo,
> unreproducible". Which additional info can I provide? The problem is
> reproducible at will :)

Are you really really sure it's a em7210 ? Your bootlogs are showing
an error when querying the rtc and I don't see any ohci-related message
in your logs. Theses 2 things make me think that your have a different
board than em7210 and this may explain why you don't succeed. Did you
try booting with machine id set to iq31244 or ep80219 machine id
(they're the only machines I know without usb) ?

Arnaud