Re: [TS-219p+] Wol doesn't work anymore with Debian installation

Hi All,
It seems that you misunderstood something here. Most of these NAS have WOL features with default installations, however, this feature will be lost if you install your own mainline kernel from Martin's page.

So far, i.e all Buffalo NAS that I have support Auto Mode as WOL feature (XHL / CHL / Terastation XL / XEL / WXL...etc), however I lost WOL feature once I installed my own kernel with Debian rootfs, I really don't know how to implement this feature even I enable WOL during kernel compilation. The Auto Mode of Buffalo NASes work in the way different with WOL (once NAS got the WOL packets from NASNavi, it will wake up or maintain the running state, if there's no WOL packets within 3 minutes, it will go to sleep mode).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry for my English.

Rgds,

Le mardi 12 avril 2011 à 14:18 -0700, Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> This is the first time I hear that WOL works on the TS-219P+.  I know
> that previous QNAP models don't have this feature because the Kirkwood
> SoC doesn't support it.  Maybe this has changed with the new SoC.
> I'll check with QNAP and/or Marvell.

While reading your answers I began to have doubts! Did I? YES! I really
did it with the default QNAP installation! Here is the proof that I'm
not paranoid! :)

http://www.qnap.com/images/products/comparison/Comparison_NAS.html

Sleep Mode : 7W
In Operation : 19W