Re: Anyone here made a "TV computer"?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Phil Endecott
<spam_from_debian_arm@chezphil.org> wrote:

>> yeahhh, bottom line: i'd pick a pandaboard and use DVB dongles and
>> USB-to-SATA converters.  the OMAP44xx has a 4-port hub built-in so you
>> will *not* be overloading one single USB channel with SATA data.
>
> I thought it had an external chip that combined a USB hub with an ethernet
> controller.  That probably still isn't a bottleneck, though.

 my understanding is that the 10 (12?) pins to that external chip are
sufficient to carry a leetle bit more than 480mb/sec, and if there's
an ethernet controller as well, that would tend to confirm that
hypothesis.  the datasheet will tell the full story, i'm a leetle
pushed for time, spent enough time on this already, so will leave it
up to someone else to do that.

 l.