Re: Suggestions for a SheevaPlug replacement

On 29/03/11 13:08, Wookey wrote:
[...]
> Personally I just couldn't bring myself to have a 24/7 server that
> used 25W+disk, no matter how cheap it is, because I know how
> unecessary that is, and I think energy consumption matters.

Don't forget that the 25W R3700 includes a hard drive, while the
SheevaPlug doesn't.

In fact, my existing server stack (SheevaPlug + external HDD + SSD +
ADSL router + DWL54G + UPS) consumes about 20W, and goes up and down
about 25% depending whether the external HDD is spun up or not. An R3700
based setup would probably use about 35W, I'd say.

I would be able to show you pretty graphs but unfortunately a recent
update to nut has totally broken its ability to talk to my UPS, so I
don't have any server stats any more.

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup