Re: LEDs on a Sheevaplug

Hello,

Am 12.02.2011 21:47, schrieb Lluís Batlle i Rossell:
I've no idea about Debian.

Alright, I'll try on the debian-arm list ;-))
Anyway, the single user-controllable LED will probably do for my purposes. I guess, I'll just ignore the rest.

Unknown command '0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒x▒~x▒~' - try 'help'
It may be that the serial line communications program you use is sending things
when you start it. If uboot receives anything, it will interrupt the boot sequence.

I generally wait for a few minutes to check whether the 'regular' boot succeeds before connecting a serial cable. It appears that something else is interrupting the boot sequence before I even have the cance to send garbage to my plug ;-) Is there some logging facility in uboot to review its output before a serial connection was made? Anyway... Is there a serial program you could recommend that is known to work without sending garbage (preferably in Ubuntu's repos)? Just to rule out this possible source of interference.

I also can't read the mtdblock0 from Linux. I don't think it is any related to
your boot problem.

Okay, good, thanks for pointing that out.

cu, Sven