Re: LEDs on a Sheevaplug

Hello,

Am 11.02.2011 09:35, schrieb Lluís Batlle i Rossell:
>> this is a question partly out of cusiosity: What do the LEDs on a
>> Sheevaplug mean?
> Software controlled LEDs. Look at /sys/class/leds, and start switching them on
> and off.

I only have a "plug:green:health" there and it appears that I can use
that to turn off the blue LED (sic!) (meaning that the green one shines
through again, since it is too weak to be really noticed as long as the
blue LED is on).
Since they are software-controlled, does Debian associate any meaning
with them? Or are they all turned on after boot "just because"?

>> However, I have a little problem with uboot. When powering the plug up,
>> it does not boot cleanly, the process seems to hang somewhere in uboot.
>> Connecting the serial console gives a message of "unknown command",
>> followed by a string of strange characters.
>> Pressing Enter gives a "Marvell>>"-Prompt and entering "boot" then
>> reliably launches Debian from my SD card.
>> Reboots from within Debian or resets from within uboot work reliably to
>> autoboot Debian.
> Read what configuration you have in uboot, by using 'printenv' and checking the
> bootcmd.

The bootcmd looks fine (and works flawlessly when entering "boot").

This is the error message when connecting to the plug via serial console
after a "cold" boot:
Unknown command '0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒x▒~x▒~' - try 'help'

And these are my bootcmds (both one-liners):
bootcmd_mmc=mmcinit; ext2load mmc 0:1 0x00800000 /uImage; ext2load mmc
0:1 0x01100000 /uInitrd
bootcmd=setenv bootargs $(bootargs_console); run bootcmd_mmc; bootm
0x00800000 0x01100000

I noticed that there are quite a lot of error messages in dmesg after
booting Debian:
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
Sector 0 is by far the most frequent message, but there are also a few
relating to sectors 8, 64 and 128.

Could there be a connection (i.e., does uboot try reading from mtdblock0
to get the bootcmd and sometimes receives corrupt data)?

Thanks for your help,
 Sven