Re: local booting without initramfs fails [was: re: guruplug notes]

On 05/28/2010 10:44 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> [2010-05-27 00:25]:
>> Any ideas?  am i missing some bootargs or something?  or does the kernel
>> really need an initramfs?
>
> No ideas... the boog log looks fine to me.  I recently installed UBIFS
> on my SheevaPlug and I can boot without a ramdisk just fine (see
> below).

Thanks for checking on this, Martin.

It occurred to me this morning that maybe my hand-created rootfs just
doesn't have /dev/console or /dev/null something.  i'll try to boot the
machine tonight and report back.

Any ideas or plans about what to do with the linux-image-* package
dependency on initramfs-tools?

	--dkg