Re: guruplug notes

* Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> [2010-05-23 19:36]:
> So i built the kernel package from 2.6.32-13 like this as a regular user:

fwiw, 2.6.32-13 is in the Debian archive for armel now.

> and generated a uBoot-friendly kernel and initramfs (thanks to Clint
> Adams for helping me cargo-cult this):

fwiw, I've just uploaded a new version of flash-kernel that will do
this for you.

> > Starting kernel ...
> >
> > Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
> >
> > Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x00000a29).
> >
> > Available machine support:

You have to set the machine ID.  Out of interest, what's the output of
'printenv' from your machine at the moment and what kernel did your
GuruPlug ship with? (something based on 2.6.20 or so?)

Anyway, you need:

setenv mainlineLinux yes
setenv arcNumber 2659
saveenv