Re: unofficial^Wofficial bits from ARM porters

On Aug 23, 2010, at 14:48, Wookey wrote:

> +++ Jeremiah Foster [2010-08-23 11:49 +0200]:
>>
>> On Aug 20, 2010, at 10:31, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>>
>>> [ please Cc:-me on -arm only replies, I'm not subscribed ]
>>>
>>> Hi Riku and ARM porters,
>>> I've just read Riku's blog post which contains quite some interesting
>>> and important information on the various Debian ARM ports:
>>>
>>> http://suihkulokki.blogspot.com/2010/08/unnofficial-bits-from-arm-porters.html
>>>
>>> I wonder why they are just non-official bits and whether you can
>>> consider posting similar bits to d-d-a.
>>
>> I'd be willing to do the leg work for this.
>
> Marvellous. well done that man. I'll help if you like.

Yes please. :)

> Let's see if we
> can put out at least 6-monthly updates on what's going on, as there is
> currently quite a lot going on.

Sounds good. This dovetails nicely with my own interest in getting up to speed with Debian on ARM v7.

>> Are there specific points of contact that act as a central info
>> repository for the ARM / Debian work? Is there some place I should be
>> pulling info from? Or is all the key information mapped in synapses
>> and neurons in the brains of this list? :-)
>
> That's pretty-much it. For Day-to-day buildd admin stuff Riku is your
> man, although SteveM has been involved in recent buildd changes.
>
> Most of the rest is disucssions here and 'summarise the ARM BOF at
> Debconf'.
>
> I can fill in on Linaro stuff.
>
> We don't really run to an 'official spokesperson' :-) Not least
> because people don't always agree about things.

Well, I'll try not to disturb the 'lightweight consensus' you've already built. ;)

>> If so, I can go through a pull method to extract useful data, just
>> need to be hit with a clue bat as to whom to pull from. I'll default
>> to wookey and Steve McIntyre if no other brave souls step forward.
>
> Riku's blog post, with perhaps a little tidying and some extra info is a
> very good start.

tolimar has already included that in the upcoming Debian Project News and I'm certain both he and I will continue to follow Riku's blog.

In the coming days/weeks, I'll try to pull these resources together into something readable, forward it to this list for corrections and comment, then push it to d-d-a. If that is okay with everyone here? Feedback most welcome.

Warm regards,

Jeremiah