Re: 2nd try: Thermaltake Muse NAS-RAID (N0001LN) - IOP architecture - HELP requested

Mello <mellowiz@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

> Hi Arnaud and all,
> sorry for the long wait but I've been traveling (for work).
>
> Please find attached the requested data. I believe I've taken the
> entire boot log.
> Also I've run a few commands to explore /proc filesystem.

>From what I can see from the 2 files, your nas looks very similar to the
ep80219 board from intel (bootloader & pci informations). From a quick
look, I only see e100 device replaced with a e1000. I can't be sure
about the crystal frequency (33.3MHz vs 30MHz) but that should not
prevent things to boot.

You can try booting a kernel with ep80219 support and looks what's
happening. Unfortunately, you can't use debian iop32x kernel packages as
iirc, they don't have the iq31244 option enabled.

Please, note that you'll have to add 'force_ep80219' on the kernel command
line. For instance :

fis load ramdisk.gz
<redboot command to load your kernel at 0x01008000>
exec -c "console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc initrd=0xa1800000,8M mem=256M@0xa0000000 force_ep80219"

Arnaud