Re: anyone interested in grouping together to get better pricing than $130 on ARM 7in Netbooks?

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM, José María Pérez <josemaria.perez@upm.es> wrote:
> In case it's not too late, add another to the list. (Spain/Europe)

 yep we're still good (as long as it's paypal now, adam's going across
the border on friday 5th, GMT+8, so thursday is the aaabsolute latest)
- but the factory withdrew the 7000E and offered an 8.9in 1024x600
netbook instead, still ARM samsung 6410 667mhz, still 256mb RAM, WIFI
etc. all round much better i think and it's $136.40 + shipping + tax.
the photo even looks like it's got a webcam on it.  adam's going to
double-check everything by actually going over to the factory on
friday before handing them a wad of RMB cash :)

we now have 10 people, which is quite exciting, including frans and
one other offer of help to get this machine's config into the mainline
linux kernel, which is great, as it means something to talk about, get
some debian packages installed, see what it can do.  video playback
should be absolutely fine, the samsung 6410 has MPEG decode.

l.