Re: 2nd try: Thermaltake Muse NAS-RAID (N0001LN) - IOP architecture - HELP requested

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 05:00:35PM +0100, Mello wrote:

> Very simply put, it is a 4-bay box, built around the Intel IOP 80219
> (@400MHz) architecture.
> It also features an externally accessible serial interface, one 1G
> Ethernet interface and 256MB RAM (+8MB flash). Additionally, although
> I'm unaware of the nitty-gritty stuff, it has a Redboot firmware (seen
> via the serial cable).
> The system is based on Linux (uname -m => armv5tel;  uname -r =>
> 2.6.10-iop1) and it runs software made by FalconStor (ipstord,
> ipstorcomm...). I'm not sure whether RAID is done in software or
> hardware.

It seems pretty similar to the Intel SS400-E...

Some links that may be useful :

http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.armel/ch05s01.html#boot-firmware-ss4000e

But you should probably try to load the d-i via tftp rather then flash
the original software in case something go wrong...

You'll find here some instructions :

http://www.hkcw.net/Intel_SS4000-E_NAS_Install_Debian.pdf

> What I'd like to achieve is to have a Debian server, running SSH
> instead of Telnet (!), that I can configure to share data via SMB.
> Disks should be configured as RAID 1 at least.

If you can get Debian on it, it will very likely be possible.

Hope it helps,

--
JFS.