Re: Test images for Debian lenny rc2 available

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 08:21:05PM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 05:27:56PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Just to let you know that test images of the second release candidate
> > (rc2) of the installer for Debian 5.0 (lenny) are now available.  You
> > can download the images from
> > http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-armel/current/images/
> >
> > NSLU2 users: firmware images with the IXP4xx microcode can be found at
> > http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/tmp/debian-armel-5.0rc2-test1.zip
> >
> > Unless there are major problems with rc2, these installer images will
> > become the official installer for lenny.  So if you have a spare ARM
> > machine or want to reinstall your machine for some reason (for example
> > to move from arm to armel), please use these images and report any
> > problems you find.
>
> Thanks for the new images.
>
> I have a slug that won't take the install.  It upgrades with upslug2
> just fine, but after the reboot all of the slug LEDs go dark and then
> the USB memory stick activates, but it never requests a DHCP address.
> The LINK light never lights.
>
> An older firmware image failed as well, but in that case the red LED
> is on as is the network LINK LED.  I don't have a console cable here,
> so I cannot tell what is failing.  I'll take it to work tomorrow and
> do more diagnosis.

It appears that the 'Low Memory Mode' prompt is waiting for me to
press enter.  The instructions on
<http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html> don't show anything
new AFAICT.  I expected that the system would boot to SSH and I'd be
on my way.  Is there something else we need to do on 32MiB slugs?  Do
I need to create a swap partition on the USB device before installing
Debian?

Cheers