Re: QNAP: TS-419 and newest kernel

* Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> [2009-12-15 18:09]:
> First time I reported it it was 2.6.30 from your repository.  I only
> saw it the once, though, and could install Debian just fine after
> that. In 2.6.31 it seems ridiculously easy to trigger; within a few
> moments after boot

Interesting observation. (Unfortunately, I've no idea at all what
might cause this problem.)

> Sorry to be unprecise here: I did try first the self-compiled
> 2.6.32-trunk- kirkwood and then the sid kernel, too.  And now I
> tried the sid kernel again, to make sure I hadn't used the wrong
> copy of the deb before, with the same result: rc8 works,
> 2.6.32-trunk-kirkwood doesn't work anymore :-/

I just tried 2.6.32-trunk-kirkwood on my TS-419P and it boots just
fine.

Can you try the bootlogd trick documented at
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/troubleshooting.html#no-boot
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/