Re: arm port plans for the squeeze cycle

On 23.08.2009 17:40, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Marc Brockschmidt<marc@marcbrockschmidt.de>  [2009-08-16 14:40]:
How many "big" transitions will the upcoming changes cause? When should those
happen? Can we do something to make them easier?

I asked the Debian ARM list about the status and got the following

Colin Tuckley mentioned "a few things which are not complete":

| ada?

According to Martin Guy, there has been some progress with Ada
upstream: http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2009/08/msg00047.html

the gcc-snapshot package once uploaded for armel has ada support, I updated the packaging and checked in the patches for GCC-4.4. The acats testsuite still shows 1/3 test failures, and I'm unsure how the port works without the ZCX exception support (the armel port is the only ada port not implementing ZCX yet). Ludovic plans to upload a gnat-4.4 soonish.

  Matthias