Re: arm port plans for the squeeze cycle

* Marc Brockschmidt <marc@marcbrockschmidt.de> [2009-08-16 14:40]:
> How many "big" transitions will the upcoming changes cause? When should those
> happen? Can we do something to make them easier?

I asked the Debian ARM list about the status and got the following

Colin Tuckley mentioned "a few things which are not complete":

| dietlibc is still blocking several things - a new version is supposedly
| avail upstream.

| free pascal needs bootstrapping.

| ada?

According to Martin Guy, there has been some progress with Ada
upstream: http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2009/08/msg00047.html

Some people would also like to see support for some specific devices
in lenny, but these shouldn't be regarded as blockers:

 * OpenMoko.  Gaudenz Steinlin says:
| Support for the openmoko could be a goal. But we probably need at least
| 2.6.32 to have a bootable kernel which supports SD cards. The 2.6.31
| upcomming 2.6.31 will contain basic support up to the point where the
| kernel boots on the phone, but the glamo driver to which the sd reader
| is connected is not yet sent upstream.
| If we have basic kernel support (including sd cards) debian-installer
| support is fairly easy to do. It's basically almost done.

 * OpenRD Base and Client: no ETA but hopefully shouldn't be too much
   work.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/