where to get kernel and support files

Hi list,

When I had my TS-209 I used the kernels Martin provides because he
adds DMA-patches which make the system faster (THNX Martin!).

Now I upgraded to a TS-219P for which Martin provides kernels, but
there are also kernels provided on backports.org.
Same for the flash-kernel package although there are version differences.

I'm wondering what are the differences in the kernel versions on
backports.org and in Martins repository and more general what is the
best place to get updates?
--
GRTNX,
RobJE