Re: Some help needed to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:
Hi,
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 02:25:43AM +0200, JF Straeten wrote:
>> But I'm stucked rather early in the process :
>
> [snip redboot manual initrd/kernel load]
>
>> but I'm not sure of the address used to load them / exec the kernel.
>> (I've made some induction from Ard's and Coldtobi's sites.)
>>
>> Just typing 'exec' after loading the same way give the same results.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea of the right 'exec' command I must enter, and
>> also the 'load' commands if mine are wrong ?
>>
>> Or could you please point me in the right direction to build these
>> commands myself ?
>
> Yeah, finding exactly where to load the kernel and initrd can be a bit

For the ss4000e, the work has already been done by Ard. The kernel must
be loaded at 0x01008000. As regards the initrd, there's no special
address, as long as you're using things like initrd=<address>

For instance :
load -v -r -b 0x01800000 -m ymodem ramdisk
load -v -r -b 0x01008000 -m ymodem zImage
exec -c ".... initrd=0xa1800000,8M"

Please note that one has to add 0xa0000000 between redboot address and
kernel command line.

As regards the logs, the kernel stop loading at early boot process,
which may also be due to wrong machine number to the kernel [ which is
the case with the redboot shipped with the ss4000e ].

Arnaud