Re: Some help needed to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 02:25:43AM +0200, JF Straeten wrote:
> But I'm stucked rather early in the process :

[snip redboot manual initrd/kernel load]

> but I'm not sure of the address used to load them / exec the kernel.
> (I've made some induction from Ard's and Coldtobi's sites.)
>
> Just typing 'exec' after loading the same way give the same results.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of the right 'exec' command I must enter, and
> also the 'load' commands if mine are wrong ?
>
> Or could you please point me in the right direction to build these
> commands myself ?

Yeah, finding exactly where to load the kernel and initrd can be a bit
tricky.  The way I did it for the DNS-323 was to reverse-engineer the
official firmware images and get the numbers from there.  The DNS-323 uses
uBoot, not redboot, so I can't give you any specific commands to run, but
that would be where I would start.

- Matt