Re: RAID 1 in nslu2 in installing system. The last.

En/na Martin Michlmayr ha escrit:
* Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> [2009-07-09 17:23]:
** I have to put the configuration in mdadm.conf ? **

Waiting your response I don't reboot for now.

I'm not expert with RAID but I don't think /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf is
required.

Great, it works!!!. After rebooting I enter in (degraded) RAID 1:

# mount
/dev/md0 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
procbususb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/md1 on /chrut type ext3 (rw)
/dev/md2 on /var/log type ext3 (rw)

But now I have a **collateral problem**: I have nested directories in mount points. for example, I have /var/log into /var/log:

/var/log# ls
depuracio.log  dmesg  dmesg.0  dmesg.new  log  lost+found  total.log

root@caixa:/var/log/log# ls
apt            dmesg       faillog     mail.err              pycentral.log
aptitude       dmesg.0     fsck        mail.info             syslog
auth.log       dmesg.1.gz  installer   mail.log              syslog.1
boot           dmesg.2.gz  iptraf      mail.warn             total.log
btmp           dmesg.3.gz  kern.log    messages              user.log
daemon.log     dmesg.4.gz  lastlog     news                  wtmp
debug          dpkg.log    lost+found  popularity-contest
depuracio.log  exim4       lpr.log     popularity-contest.0

How can I solve that?

I just want to have in /var/log the previous logs (md2 partition) and new logs.

Regards,
Xan.