Re: RAID 1 in nslu2 in installing system.

* Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> [2009-07-08 20:14]:
>> Edit /etc/fstab and then run: update-initramfs -u
>>
> And that's all?
> I see in /etc/init-ramfs-tool/ and I did not find any reference to actual
> boot disk sda1.

flash-kernel installs an initramfs-tools hook that will read the root
device from /etc/fstab and write it to the ramdisk.

> For the other hand, how can I revert this? If I get errors after active
> RAID disk as / during booting, how can I  solve that? I don't want to
> (re-) turn to make upslug2. ,-)

I suggest you make a backup of flash before changing anything:
  cat /dev/mtdblock? > backup
If something doesn't work, you can apply the backup with upslug2.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/