Re: Error flashing initrd after kernel update

Martin Michlmayr schrieb:
> I think users will find it counter-intuitive when
> /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf contains MODULES=most but this is
> overwritten by a random file in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/

Good point. Either add a comment in everybody's initramfs.conf that says
that there might be an override in conf.d, especially on certain
devices, and then do what Frans suggests,

or just go ahead and make the installer change the config file on
certain devices.

Both ways seem reasonable to me. The justification for simply modifying
the conf file from the installer seems not so good: only because it was
done by someone else doesn't make it OK for all of us.

IMHO the policy was made so that no package would automatically
overwrite the administrator's choices, from which point of view it would
be perfectly OK for the installer to break that rule, since at that time
the administrator hasn't made any choices yet. In that case, a policy
clarifcation would be the ideal solution. (Sorry for nitpicking :-)

Kevin