Re: Error flashing initrd after kernel update

* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2008-08-06 01:59]:
> It's not just lvm2. I think it must be a change in initramfs-tools as I
> also get an installation failure when installing current testing and that
> still installs 2.6.25.

Strange.  I did an installation the other day (without LVM) and it
worked fine.

Anyway, I think we should go with MODULES=dep on QNAP devices and the
HP mv2120.  Since we're updating the initramfs in flash-kernel, I
think I'll simply add a sed s/MODULES=most/MODULES=dep/ there.  Do you
think that's okay, or do you have a better way?

> Minor issue: the flash-kernel udeb does not clear its progress bar on
> error.

Do we need a 'db_progress STOP' in the error function?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/