Re: 2 Disks (by label/UUID)

* Stuart Read <stuart.t.read+NSLU2@gmail.com> [2008-04-20 22:40]:
> 1) Why does the troubleshooting page on the wiki say that the UUID
> method there is no good when that's the method suggested on this list
> by Martin M. et al?

I'm offline right now, so I cannot check what the troubleshooting page
says.  But essentially, putting UUID or LABEL in /etc/fstab is the
only method that's supported at the moment.

> 2) After updating the flash, the NSLU2 failed to boot (orange LED) so
> I had to restore my old fstab and flash to get it booting again. Is
> there a step besides updating fstab, creating a new initramfs, and
> flashing it?
>  I noticed that in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d there is a file named
> "resume" which references /dev/sda5 (which is the swap). Could this be
> the problem?

Interesting obversation.  In any case, I always recommend that people
moving to UUID in /etc/fstab make the change and then boot with only
_one_ disk attached.  If this works but then it fails with 2 disks,
maybe the "resume" reference is a problem (although I'm not sure
because suspend/resume is not used on the NSLU2).  However, some
people report that simply making the UUID change and booting with one
disk doesn't work... and I've no idea why because this definitely
should work (and works for me).

So, can you make the UUID change again and boot with one disk?  Does
that work?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/