2 Disks (by label/UUID)

Hello,

I was preparing to add a second harddisk to my NSLU2, and since
this, I followed the directions on the wiki (and some previous
messages on this list).

I have two questions:

1) Why does the troubleshooting page on the wiki say that the UUID
method there is no good when that's the method suggested on this list
by Martin M. et al?

2) After updating the flash, the NSLU2 failed to boot (orange LED) so
I had to restore my old fstab and flash to get it booting again. Is
there a step besides updating fstab, creating a new initramfs, and
flashing it?
 I noticed that in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d there is a file named
"resume" which references /dev/sda5 (which is the swap). Could this be
the problem?

Let me know if there's more info required. I'm running a (mostly
up-to-date) lenny system.
-Stuart