Re: Puzzling difference between debian-arm and debian-i386 re growisofs

On Apr 18, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Barry Tennison wrote:

So I think it's definitely in the genisoimage -M code, and COULD BE an endian issue there.

For what it proves, if anything, I tried to recreate the bug

cd <somewhere safe>
mkdir tmp1
touch tmp1/nullfile-with-long-name
genisoimage -R tmp1/ >RR-arm-1.iso
# note: this succeeds, and then RR-arm-1.iso will loop-mount perfectly
#  well with Rock Ridge active, so nullfile-with-long-name shows with
#  the right name
genisoimage -M RR-arm-1.iso -C 0,0 -R tmp1/ >RR-arm-2.iso

on a PowerMac G3 running Etch, and had no errors at all. So simple endian-ness bugs seem less likely. Complex bugs (endian or otherwise) are still possible, of course.

Enjoy!

Rick