Re: Puzzling difference between debian-arm and debian-i386 re growisofs

Bill Gatliff wrote:
Barry Tennison wrote:
I wonder whether anyone can help a very puzzled moderately skilled debian and NSLU2 hacker? Apologies for the length of explanation needed.

Are you running out of memory on the NSLU2?

free just before trying the new burn:
Mem:         29988      25460       4528          0       1820       7720
-/+ buffers/cache:      15920      14068
Swap:      1992040      25428    1966612

Looking at a screen with
  watch -n1 free
while the growisofs command executes doesn't show anything alarming, nor much different from the above.

So I don't think so, especially with all that swap. Or am I missing something? I suppose it could be the realtime part of the growisofs - but the Rock Ridge fail is a READ, surely not more memory intensive than the mount that works?

Thanks for the thought, though.

Barry