Re: Fan control Thecus N2100/Debian Lenny

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:13:21 +0000
Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org> wrote:

> Hmm... I can only think of three reasons it's not working then:
>
> 1) The hardware is broken somehow. Mine has a 3 pin fan connector,
> does yours and is it plugged in correctly?
>
> 2) There is a bios setting of some sort that has disabled fan control
> - but I have no idea how you'd check that unless redboot has a
> mechanism.
>
> 3) The design got changed, is your N2100 very new (or perhaps very
> old)?

I won't have time until  tomorrow night to open the case and take a
look at the fan connector, so I can't say at the moment what that looks
like.

Yes, this is a very new machine, it arrived about a week ago.
It had the v2.1.06 firmware, which I think would point to a quite recent
manufacture date.

Maybe all I can do for now is wait and see what others report on the
recently manufactured N2100's

Thanks for the help!

Al