Re: Fan control Thecus N2100/Debian Lenny

Al wrote:

<big snip>
> So these are the only .pwm files in /sys.

> I've modified the script with the correct paths for my machine, and it
> will write the changes to the .pwm files, but the fan never changes
> speed, even with zero values in both .pwm files.

Hmm... I can only think of three reasons it's not working then:

1) The hardware is broken somehow. Mine has a 3 pin fan connector, does
yours and is it plugged in correctly?

2) There is a bios setting of some sort that has disabled fan control - but
I have no idea how you'd check that unless redboot has a mechanism.

3) The design got changed, is your N2100 very new (or perhaps very old)?

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE