Re: Cross-building environments

Hey Josh,

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 21:59 -0600, Josh Valdez wrote:
> Hey David!
>
> I was able to compile MySQL on a slug without problems. The key is you
> have to set a compile flag to use less memory. Here are the compile
> flags I used:
>
> CFLAGS="-O3 -marm" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -marm -felide-constructcrs
> -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
> --enable-assemblr --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --with-low-memory
>
> I am sure it would be more elegant to cross-compile but technically it
> would be more involved.

Wow, I'll have to sort through all those options... Since I want debian
packages, I'll have to check which ones are already being used, which
ones are against debian policy (the prefix one, for example) and which
ones may conflict with my original intent, and which ones I don't yet
understand, ;-)  I had hoped to compile mysql-server-5.0 7etch3 version
and remove the patches one by one until I'm back at 7etch1. Hopefully, I
can determine which patch breaks my system. Unfortunately, this will
probably cost a lot of time, even with the --with-low-memory option, I
guess. Right now, it seems I'm not able to do it before next week, and
I'll be away then. So in a week or two... But very nice to know it is
possible to compile this beast on a slug, thanks!

David