Re: Cross-building environments

Hey David!

I was able to compile MySQL on a slug without problems. The key is you
have to set a compile flag to use less memory. Here are the compile flags I used:

CFLAGS="-O3 -marm" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -marm -felide-constructcrs -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-assemblr --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --with-low-memory

I am sure it would be more elegant to cross-compile but technically it would be more involved.

Josh