Re: Pile o' Questions

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008, Ruediger Leibrandt wrote:
> I need some help: I've got a small Netbook, and managed to cdebootstrap  a
> full Debian Sid System onto an SD-Card, which by now contains a full blown
> system.

Presumably you can chroot to this system and use it. So you _could_
just use it that way --- "schroot" may help. This would avoid the
rest of your questions. ;)

> 1) Is it possible to start a Linux-installation from a running Linux system in
> the same way as Loadlin starts a Linux System from within a running AmigaOS
> or Windows?

Not clear exactly what you mean by this. There is "kexec" which
allows you to "soft" reboot the system with a different kernel and
initrd. However, I think it is not enabled by default on the ARM
architecture.

I don't know the answer to your remaining questions.

Regards,

Kapil.